Love me my Sweet Potatoes!
with a bounty of sweet potatoes available right now I thought I would share a favorite sweet potato salad with you...something surprisingly different. Sweet and tangy with a delicious bite of ginger. Originally from Martha Stewart's Everydayfood magazine
I am able to find all of the ingredients at our local farmers market for one stop shopping!
* 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 teaspoon coarse salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
* 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
* 1 tablespoon oil
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
* 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
* 3 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a nonstick rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, coarse salt, and ground pepper; roast until fork-tender, about 35 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together fresh orange juice, oil, minced fresh ginger, and 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard.
3. Add scallions and potatoes; toss to coat with dressing. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature.