Sunday, March 27, 2011

Project Quilting - the Final Challenge

I have been playing along a bit in some of Kim's Project Quilting challenges and decided to try the final challenge ... we had to use a large print and a stripe or plaid!

I decided to take inspiration from some of the gorgeous modern quilting photos I have seen on flickr and other quilting blogs and decided to use some of my favorite martha Negley geranium print with kona white cotton. As some of you may know I am new to the quilting world and each foray into quilting teaches me something new!

031

I originally thought I would create a series of 12" blocks for a table runner... made my first, made my second...laid them next to each other - didn't like the proportions so I sliced one of them in half - or thereabouts, and attached it to the first block!
025

see..I had just learned something - you don't HAVE to create a quilt in a series of blocks - mine became much more free form .. I sliced and chopped and added new bits and bobs as I went along.
027

For the stripe requirement, I cut a stripe fabric along the bias to make my quilt binding and I also quilted it using a series of linear lines that created a striped effect on the tablerunner.

020

more pics can be seen on flickr

and stop by Kim's Blog to see all the entries and cast your vote for your favorite!

2 comments:

Kim's Crafty Apple said...

I love your ideas and creations - you definitely have a future in the quilting world! thanks for participating :)

The Quilted House said...

Gorgeous, friend! Fabulous job!