Thursday, June 19, 2008

Preparing for our first foray into.........CSA - Community Supported Agriculture

I am so excited for tomorrow! We have purchased a share in a local farm and will be receiving our first delivery of locally grown , fresh produce tomorrow afternoon!

The list of goodies for June includes:
Arugula, , beets, radishes, Swiss chard, salad-mix, spinach, turnips, parsley, sugar snap-peas, zucchini, cilantro, dill, basil, green beans, scallions....

I am hoping this will get my kids to eat more vegetables and to try new varieties! If any of you faithful readers have any tasty recipes using these veggies & herbs I would LOVE to have them!

I am also investigating another local CSA for fruit! They are reported to grow gooseberries



which I fell in love with when we lived in Poland but have had a very hard time finding locally....

well, I am off to peruse some cook books & have lunch with my kids at school...enjoy the day!

3 comments:

Patty Young said...

OH WOW! I am green with envy (no pun intended) I want to get into that action... I wonder if they do that around here. I am dying for some fresh veggies, fruits & herbs. As for recipes, if your family likes seafood as much as mine does, I highly recommend the CEVICHE (recipe found on my blog)... you can use a lot of those items mentioned in your list, esp. all the herbs to make it super tasty! :)

AbbyChase said...

I just tagged you on my blog;)

Kristen said...

Patty- click the link in the title of my post & it will take you to a national site for CSAs....there is a spot on the right to put in your zipcode to find a CSA near you!

mandy- i will go check it out!