Tuesday, October 21, 2008

special order...........

I love it when someone contacts me with a special request .... at the end of the summer a very sweet bride to be saw a dress I had made that was posted on Jennifer Paganelli's blog. She was planning on using one of Jennifer's fabrics...casey gold scroll .... at her reception & contacted me to see if I could make a dress for a 6 year old and a skirt set for an 11 year old that would incorporate this fabric. I was delighted at the opportunity and set to work.

I wanted to share the results with all of you! Fortunately my daughter is a beanpole and was able to model BOTH sizes for me!

004

002

013

017

025


the patterns for the skirt and dress were from farbenmix - the INSA skirt and from Studio Tantrum - the FELIZ dress...I love the versatility of both of these patterns and the fact that the style is appropriate for a wide range of ages.

Well...the bride received the package and her response is one of the reasons I love doing what I do....

"Kristen!
Received the dress, skirt, and top today and they are GORGEOUS-!what a great mix of fabrics and colors, and so fitting to the girls' personalities. You have outdone yourself and far exceeded my expectations. Ella tried her dress on immediately and it looks amazing, and I know Hannah will adore hers too when she gets into town next week. I will definitely send pictures and talk up your name to everyone I know. Thank you, thank you!!!!"

thank you Nancy for letting me be a small part of your beautiful day!

3 comments:

TaDa! Creations said...

Oh I love all of those pieces! The shirt really strikes my fancy though, so unique. You have such a great eye for fabric combos. I envision your house just overflowing with fabric. hehe

~Angel

Jennifer Paganelli said...

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dear sweet friend...lucky me...Will you be at the show this fall???

nancy said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and imagine my surprise when I see the post about the wedding! It was wonderful; a gorgeous day, and we received many comments on the girls' outfits.I will send pro pics asap!
-nancy