Monday, October 15, 2007


The Kindness of others...


Wow...I was overwhelmingly surprised by the positive vibes I received on my EURO Hooodie Dress that ended today on ebay...


It had more than 700 views which was record setting for me and at one point 30 watchers! I listed it over at my ETSY store and when I got home from running errands I had the sweetest convo in my mailbox...
I am touched that the effort was made to let me know how much they liked it...I know I try to do this when I see something I lov ebut may not be able to purchase and it was neat to have it done to me...thanks Irishmonk!
It also caused me to reflect on the whole design process...sometimes I agonize over a design for weeks, trying to get each element as I want it but then , as with this dress...i catch sight of the fabric from the corner of my eye and the urge to create takes hold and within hours the design is complete. I loved the dress but as I had not spent long laboring over the design I did not have great expectations for it - I have been so pleasantly surprised and want to thank everyone for their kind words of admiration!
Have a beauty filled day!

5 comments:

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

what a great response! I've heard several good comments about and it's creating quite a buzz! way to go!!!!

Yummers! said...

That is such a wonderful dress!! The little girl in me wants to wear it. You have chosen such fantastic colors and fabrics. I hope it went to a little girl who will dearly love it!!
~Joni

Gandksmom said...

I love this dress so much! I am in the camp of those who can't afford them, but just love to look at them. I see all that artistic talent and know that dress is worth every penny that it went for!I am a beginner sewer and just made my first twirl skirt, so I know that every stitch that went into that dress was put in with love and talent! My next project is going to be a t-shirt dress or a quilt block skirt! Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how much I love the dress!
Wendy

princesstomato said...

beatimous!!!!

teri

gillian said...

It sure is a FANTASTIC dress!! Great job!!

~gyl