Thursday, July 17, 2008

behind the times a bit.....

thought I would catch you up on some 4th of july fun before it is the 4th of august!

fair haven, 4th of july, summer cruise 070

eily spelled 4th of july in pipecleaners that we were using for this activity...
fair haven, 4th of july, summer cruise 080

and a bit of this

fair haven, 4th of july, summer cruise 071

and this

fair haven, 4th of july, summer cruise 085

I even managed to get a few shots of one of my new projects...

fair haven, 4th of july, summer cruise 054

fair haven, 4th of july, summer cruise 041

I am planning on offering some fun and funky skirts for all of the grown-up girls out there!

after a fun night with the family we headed out on our first cruise on our boat! Whoo Hooo! We woke to a beautiful breeze.....

fair haven, 4th of july, summer cruise 175

or NOT....but we decided to head out anyways....the kids slept until we were about an hour out of the harbor...

fair haven, 4th of july, summer cruise 189

even though there was no wind we still had a lot of fun....

watching the kids jumping off the stern was a bit nerve wracking for me and an adrenaline rush for them!

eily jumping

klem jumping

the wind really filled in later in the week but luckily we were already back from our trip....

054

022

even the seagulls had a hard time making headway!

002

and my sweet Eily picked this bunch of wildflowers for me ....

065

hope you enjoyed the photos!





6 comments:

Astrid said...

Oh, what beautiful pictures! I especially love the pictures from your cruise! Those are some cool skirts too! :)

Huenu said...

Fabulous photos, just fabulous. You've got to write and tell me about your lens/equipment. I know it's your skill that makes these so great, but they're also so crisp. Love 'em.

Fledgling said...

Delightful photos! Almost like being there. Love that ghost images jumping into the water.

Have a great day!

-Nancy

Katarina said...

LOVE the pics!!!!So refreshing!Seems like you are having a great time!!!!

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

Amazing photos Kristen!! Don't you just love wildflowers picked by your daughter...so sweet!
Canela

Unknown said...

Great photos; inspirational. I'm a new fabric designer with Michael Miller (you can see a few peeks on my blog). I must learn better photo skills very soon!