Friday, October 09, 2009

What's for Dinner tonight??

with fall in the air it is time for roasting vegetables! My sister and I headed to the local public market yesterday to scoop up some of falls best bounty...

public market 008

I picked out some yummy delicata squash and sweet potatoes for roasted veggies for dinner.... this is how I prepared it!

036

cut off ends of squash, slice in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and slice into 1/2" thick slices

037

038

slice the sweet potato into thick sticks ... keep skin on for added nutritional value!

040

toss in a bowl with onion slices and season to taste with olive oil, salt, ground cumin and curry powder

039

place in pan - try to keep it to 1-2 layers high... roast at 350 degrees until tender - about 45 minutes

052


enjoy!!!

2 comments:

carole said...

oh yum!!

My bottle of wegman's olive oil is just about empty too ;) thanks for the visual reminder to put it on my grocery list

Theresa said...

yum