Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yummy Goodness....

Oven Roasted Plum Tomatoes.... run, don't walk to your nearest farmers market... scoop up the biggest basket you can find (I bought a 1/2 bushel) and pop a few trays of these tomatoes in your oven Pronto! You can come back here and thank me later... after you tempt your tastebuds with the rich, salty sweet taste of the roasted tomatoes... so good!



so... here is what you need to do:

rinse off your tomatoes & slice in half lengthwise

place on baking sheet - cut side up - drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, add a few cloves of garlic and I used fresh thyme leaves too


place in oven at 225 degrees farenheit (sorry celsius blog readers) and roast for 9-10 HOURS! yes... HOURS! we ate them on baguette, homemade pizzas, plain, eggs, you name it... diced like a dip or popped straight into your mouth the taste can not be beat! I have even frozen some and the taste is great even out of the freezer... so as I said earlier... RUN don't walk to your local farmers market and scoop up a bushel to make these beauties!!

3 comments:

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

Yummmy! Have you tried roasting grape tomotoes? Throw them in a dish whole, with a bit of olive oil salt pepper and balsamic vinigar... roast on 325 till the skin starts to shrivle a bit. (15 to 20 minutes) Soooo good!

I'm going to try yours this weekend!

Tracy Yarkoni said...

yum... I'm still full from lunch & you guys are making me hungry! marking for later... (like, tonight ;)

thanks!

Theresa said...

Yum, thanks for sharing!